Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: SXS80 LAN port extremely slow

wayneker
Aspirant

SXS80 LAN port extremely slow

I got Orbi Pro SXK package for home use. Wifi works very well. However, my LAN ports on the satellite has many problems with my Mac mini. I have tried all LAN ports with my Mac mini and the problems are the same.

1. It can not play Netflix without VPN (Netflix error UI3012)  while every other devices on Wifi network works just fine. 

2. P2P sharing is extremely slow at around 9KB/s at max.

Any idea on how to fix this? Since I am using it for home. I don't need to separate usage/traffic between employees, guests and IOT. Please let me know what to do. 

Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

If everything else works fine, I'd be more suspicious of that specific device. 

Have a usb--ethernet adapter or wifi adapter you could connect it to and try it with? 

Message 2 of 9
wayneker
Aspirant

initially, I thought the problem is that device as well.... But It can connect to Internet at around 700-900Mbps. The weird part is.... it takes awhile to "get to" a website, I guess the technical term is ping? P2P is extremely slow around 9Kib/s.... Does the Pro version of Orbi have restricted access to P2P traffic on the LAN port? are there settings to enable P2P traffic on LAN ports?

Message 3 of 9
hermesromeror
Apprentice

The satellites are connected to the main router using wire or wireless?

Message 4 of 9
wayneker
Aspirant

All wireless connection to router
Message 5 of 9
hermesromeror
Apprentice

I would say this is the issue. You tried connected to the the ports of the router?  Try connecting wirelessly to the satellite (be sure it is) and do a speed test (fast . com), If it is as slow as connected to the lan port, the issue is the backhaul speed. 

Message 6 of 9
BruceGuo
NETGEAR Expert

Cross-test to narrow down issue. 

1. Speed test v.s. P2P test

2. Directly connected to Router v.s.  Directly connected to Satellite

3. Use different clients to test or P2P seeds to test

Message 7 of 9
wayneker
Aspirant

hi bruce

1 speed test of internet traffic is very fast

2. only have tried to connect to satellite as my cable isn't long enough to reach the router. (I can't move my Mac mini as it is a modified with linear power supply and it's connected to a huge power supply on my audio rack)

3. I have used Transmission and qBittorrent and both are very slow with LAN port. I also tested it with Wifi on Mac mini and it seem the problem is the same? Not completely confirmed as I only tried briefly. Perhaps it's the setting on my Mac? 

Message 8 of 9
BruceGuo
NETGEAR Expert

If testing via wireless or wired having the same problems, I would suggest use another AP to test with your MAC to make sure Mac itself is fine.

Do you have another AP, or use your mobile as hotspot to confirm if the result is consistent. If consistent, it should be Mac problem.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements