Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Weird TX/RX -rate vs link status and poor speed vs link strength

qhad
Aspirant

Weird TX/RX -rate vs link status and poor speed vs link strength

Hi. Why I'm getting really poor TX-rate and why TX-rate is sigfinicately lower than RX-rate?

- Daisy chain technology activated on SRR60

- RBS50Y is connectd to SRR60 (with link status -79dBM)

- SRS60 is connected to RBS50Y (with link status -65dBM)

Topology:

SRR60(as router mode) <-> RBS50Y <-> SRS60

1) Between SRS and RBS rate has been as low as 56/108Mbps, why TX is so much lower than RX?

2) Link strengt between RBS and SRR is -79dBm and TX/RX-rate is 390/390. Link strengt between SRS and RBS is sigfinicately better -65dBm but rate is only 86/115Mbps. Why?

tx_rx.jpg

Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite, SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Weird TX/RX -rate vs link status and poor speed vs link strength

@qhad,

About your inquiry, kindly answer the questions below to isolate the problem:

a. Is everything working fine before?

b. Since everything are daisy chained, have you tried changing the ethernet cables?  If not yet, kindly try it and observe if the same problem will occur?

c. What is the current firmware version of all of your Orbi Pro WiFi 5 devices?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
qhad
Aspirant

a) I have seen much more grater TX speeds before, I think it has been between RBS50Y and SRS60 around 200-300Mbit/s. As far I take a look to some other wifi devices, there seems to be little bit same kind of tred with connecting to RBS50Y - some how TX-rate is much more slower than RX-rate - despite of link between SRR60 and RBS50Y which seems to be also fine 390/390 right now.

b) What do you mean changing Ethernet cables? Those TX/RX values are directly from SRR60 web config and it's impossible to connect SRR60 and RBS50Y or RBS50Y and SRS60 with ethernet cable. As far I know this TX/RX rate is measured between satelites - satelites are connected togeter as normal wireless satelites with 5G links (channel 108).

c) FW is 2.6.2.200 on every unit, I installed that a few days ago to every Orbi unit. Same problem existed also with former 2.6.0.108.

I also attached a new pic from SRR to here. I moved SRS to outside of building on testing purpose that it can see directly to RBS50Y. Distance is about 15 meters and rates are still poor. Same picture you can see also two wifi devices, camera and power-outlet. Camera is outside and seeing directly to RBS50Y(which is also outside of building) within distance about 30m. Power-outlet is directly side by side camera. Yesterday I've got withing camera something like 60/60 - and now 1/2... Power-converter was also something like 56/48 - now 6/12...  I really don't understand what is happening here - rates might drop or change what ever good to poor viceversa:(

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@qhad,

Thank you for your response.  Based from the details you have provided, I suggest you to open a support ticket with the NETGEAR Support Team here at anytime for further investigation.  Kindly state your concern as well as you may include the link to this community thread. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
qhad
Aspirant

Hi - I found one very nasty problem with one of my two RBS50Ys - at least this unit seems to be water tight at bottom... I need to check how your warranty works and is there any left. At least this kind of unit which is expensive and sold as part of business network should work more than two months. Sadly this particular unit stayed almost two years as unused after I bought it (bought it as spare/replacement unit) and I started using it using it only two months ago - only because I started to solve my problem weird TX vs RX vs link status strengt! My other older unit has been on this exact same location before this moistured one about two years without any problems within water tightness.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements