Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Compatibility of Orbi CBR750 with Orbi RBK852

MartinaKi
Initiate

Compatibility of Orbi CBR750 with Orbi RBK852

My ips recommend I update my modem to achieve 5-10 times higher upload speeds with my current plan. One of the modems they recommend/is certified for use is the Orbi CBR750. I currently have a Motorola modem and an Orbi Mesh Router System RBK852. This configuration runs well without problems, however, I would like to make use of the higher upload speeds by changing my modem as recommended.
Would the CBR750 work with my Orbi Mesh System RBK852?
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Compatibility of Orbi CBR750 with Orbi RBK852

Who is your ISP? 
What is the model# of your current modem?

What ISP speed UP and down do you pay for? 

If you have a RBK system already, would recommend a NG CM series modem instead of the CBR. The CBR is a gateway modem and router. It can be used in a modem only mode which could work with the RBK system, however you'll benefit better by having a modem only option to go with your RBK system. The CBR can't be integrated with the RBK system when the CBR is in gateway/router mode. 

Message 2 of 4
MartinaKi
Initiate

I currently have a Motorola MB8611 docsis 3.1 modem. My ISP is Xfinity and they are telling me this modem is not capable to give me the higher upload speed. They recommended several modems, the one I already mentioned, and a NETGEAR CM3000 being two of them. I couldn’t find a NETGEAR CM3000 anywhere, so I don’t know what’s going on with that. They also named 2 routers from Hilton Electronics, but I thought since I have the NETGEAR mesh system, a NETGEAR modem would be the better choice.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes the MB8611 can only do about 1Gb. 

No idea when the CM3000 will be launched. Could be a ISP only modem as well. 

I know the CM2000 and CM2050v are supporting of ISP speeds over 1Gb since they have 2.5Gb WAN ports. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7