Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ORBI RBR750 blocking devices from the internet, again

james0169
Aspirant

ORBI RBR750 blocking devices from the internet, again

Our Orbi RBR750 blocked a couple of devices about 8 weeks ago. I thought it was an ISP problem and called them. They were really helpful and went through a few checks, then identified that the Orbi had blocked them from the internet. Went to access control and allowed theem, all was good.

Fast foward to 25th April, the wwife was having trouble with internet on her phone, couldn't open pages or refresh social media while connected to the wifi. The TVs would not work on streaming services.  

Today I logged in to the Orbi and found that nearly every device in the house has been blocked!!  We only had about 22 devices connected and the limit is 40.  Went to access control alllowed them all and saved, all okay.  Five minutes later everyone is getting booted again.reconnect and allow, save, all good. 5 minutes later booted!! FML! this has been going on all day and now I am about to do a firmware update despite the ORBI app telling me no updates required.

Anyone got any suggestions to fix this before I rip the ORBI off the shelf and throw it out the window!!

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: ORBI RBR750 blocking devices from the internet, again

You can disable access control

Message 2 of 4
james0169
Aspirant

Thanks for the feedback and suggestion.

When we turned off access control a couple of weeks ago and applied the change.  When I went back in yesterday it was turned on! Don't know why.

We disabled access control and saved the change. Devices were still blocked.  

Went back in and allowed the devices and then turned off access control, however when saving the change it blocked      everything again!!

Last night I allowed all devices, left access control on and saved the change.  This moring, everything is blocked again....

When you pay good money for an Orbi system thinking you are buying some quality, this is very frustrating. Has worked for a couple of years with no problem and then bang!!  I don't think you should have to do hard factory resets once it is set up.

Ready to smash it with a hammer. 

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

I don't think you should have to do factory resets either but sometimes firmware changes enough or something gets corrupted so it can fix things. Its always worth a short with a misbehaving system. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7