Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBK852 - Unable to connect Big Ass Fans - Haiku series

AwkAndy
Aspirant

Orbi RBK852 - Unable to connect Big Ass Fans - Haiku series

WiFi1.jpgWiFi2.JPGI've just switched from an Orbi RBR50 to an Orbi RBK852 to extend the reach of our mesh network.  I had no problems connecting our Big Ass Haiku fans to the Orbi RBR50 but I'm unable to connect them to the Orbi RBK852.  When I try and connect them using the Haiku app, the network fails to even appear as an option.  I get a message from the app saying that the network must be secured with WPA2 (which it is) and must be compatible with 802.11b (which I think it is).  I've attached my current WiFi settings.  Does anyone have any idea how I can get the fans to connect to the network?

Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBK852 - Unable to connect Big Ass Fans - Haiku series

Try CTS avalues to 2347 under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings and see. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 12

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Use the same SSID name that you used on the older Orbi system on the new system.

Try disabling AX mode on 2.4Ghz. 

Contact the devices mfr for additional help and support regarding there product. 

Message 2 of 12
AwkAndy
Aspirant

Thanks for the advice.  I have used the same SSID name and other devices on the network (iPads, Sonos) automatically connected.  I had to reconnect a Ring device but that worked without a problem.  I also tried disabling AX mode on 2.4Ghz but that didn't work.  As for contacting Big Ass Fans (BAF), I tried that too but they came back with a proforma response that was completely useless (thanks for nothing BAF!).  I have a feeling we'll be stuck with using the remote controls for the fans.  Oh well, I suppose it's a first world problem.

Message 3 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Try CTS avalues to 2347 under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings and see. 

Message 4 of 12
sharmy
Apprentice

Is your network SSID hidden?

In my environment, the Haiku fans only connected when the network SSID is being broadcast.

Sharmy

Message 5 of 12
AwkAndy
Aspirant

Thanks for asking but no, it's not hidden.

Message 6 of 12
AwkAndy
Aspirant

That did the trick.  Thanks!

Message 7 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Orbi AX SSID by default is always broadcast and can not be hidden. 

So did you get these devices working? 

Message 8 of 12
AwkAndy
Aspirant

I did.  Thanks for your help!

Message 9 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

So what did you do to get them working? 

Message 10 of 12
AwkAndy
Aspirant

My apologies for not being clearer.  After some experimentation, I've discovered that I can get the fans to connect if I disable AX mode on 2.4Ghz AND set the CTS value for 2.4Ghz to 2347.  Either one by itself won't work.  And it's a real pain because if you change either of those settings after you've managed to reconnect the fans, you have to go through the whole process again in order to connect the fans again.  So once you've changed those settings, don't change them again!

Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, thanks for the details. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7