Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBS 750 satellite disconnecting - wired and on latest firmware

MNChuck
Tutor

Orbi RBS 750 satellite disconnecting - wired and on latest firmware

I have an Orbi RBK 750 with 2 satellites and did the manual update to the latest firmware (4.6.14.3_2.3.12) last week followed by a power cycle of the entire system.  Satellites are both wired backhaul.  Verified that both satellites were connected and all wifi devices were connected.  Tonight I discovered that one of the satellites is showing as disconnected and even after doing a power cycle it doesn't reconnect.  Any suggestions?  Any other reports of similar issues with the latest firmware?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
MNChuck
Tutor

Re: Orbi RBS 750 satellite disconnecting - wired and on latest firmware

Modem in Netgear CM1150 - it is connected to the internet feed into the home and output is to the Orbi Router.  Pretty sure wiring is not the issue as this system has worked well for some months now without issues.

I did another power cycle of the entire system and now both satellites show as connected.  All devices that should be on the network are showing on the 'attached devices' page.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Is it showing that in the app or in the browser? 
Did you check through the browser? 

Have you tried hardwiring a pc/laptop into it to see if its working? 

Message 2 of 5
MNChuck
Tutor

It shows as disconnected in both the app and using a web browser to access the router. 

Devices that are ethernet connected to the satellite which shows as disconnected are working and a speed test of the wifi signal run right next to that satellite shows a high speed, so maybe the satellite is in fact working and just shows as disconnected for some reason.  The satellite has a green light on the back, and there is no white light from the satellite as usually happens when a satellite is not working.

So it might not be an actual problem but strange that the satellite shows as disconnected in the app and browser.

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

How do you have the wired backhaul setup? 

And what modem/gateway is it going to. 

I've seen them wired improperly. 

It should go
gateway--->wan port on router---->lan ports to switch/satellites. 

Message 4 of 5
MNChuck
Tutor

Modem in Netgear CM1150 - it is connected to the internet feed into the home and output is to the Orbi Router.  Pretty sure wiring is not the issue as this system has worked well for some months now without issues.

I did another power cycle of the entire system and now both satellites show as connected.  All devices that should be on the network are showing on the 'attached devices' page.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7