Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK852 wan port is not connecting

Unga
Aspirant

RBK852 wan port is not connecting

hello, i have RBK852 Orbi router/satalite connected to CM1200 and it has been working great until last night when the wan port is not connecting to the internet. (magenta light)

I used an old router and it works fine with the modem and I called the ISP and they brought a test modem and it worked well with my old router but the Orbi router still would not connect.

I'm suspecting that the Wan port is damaged or hit by a storm (it is connected to a surge protected that is connected to a UPS but still...)

I'm wondering if there is a way to switch the WAN port to use on of the Lan port since it has the capability of port aggregation? has anyone been able to do so?

I did try to enabled Wan aggregation on both the router and the modem and the router still doesn't connect (magenta light)

Thank you!

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK852 wan port is not connecting

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?

Make sure your using WAN port #1 on the CM modem.
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Be sure your using good quality LAN cable between the modem and RBR. CAT6 is recommended.

Message 2 of 5
plemans
Guru

In addition to what @FURRYe38 said, make sure nothing else is plugged into the cm1200 other than the orbi. 

The cm1200 has more than 1 ethernet port but the vast majority of ISP's only support 1 device connected. 

So before you follow his procedure, make sure to disconnect everything from the cm1200 (including coax). 

then reconnect coax and follow the power on/startup guide outlined prior. 

Message 3 of 5
Unga
Aspirant

Thank you both, it still looks like the wan port on. The Orbi is damaged from the lightning struck that hit the ISP tap. When I switched to “bridge mode “ the Orbi router was able to connect to my older router that is working with the modem and speed is reasonable.
The issue now is that the satellite is not connecting, not sure if it is because of “bridge mode”
Thanks!
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

If you feel the Orbi is damaged, I would contact NG support and ask about RMA options. 

https://my.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Did you put the RBR in to AP mode? 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7