Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK853 3.2.16.6 firmware delete wifi password

darkinners
Tutor

RBK853 3.2.16.6 firmware delete wifi password

Since I updated my RBK853 firmware to 3.2.16.6

If I change ANY setting via webbrowser. Orbi wifi will became "insecure" 

meaning you can connect to my Wifi SSID without password. 

To remedy this is you need to use Orbi app to reboot the Orbi router and satellite, then the SSID would back to secured (you need to input correct password in order to connect)

You NEED TO use Orbi app to reboot the Orbi, if you reboot the orbi via Web browser GUI, it does not work.

Also despite I disabled the 2.4Ghz wireless all together via WEB GUI, my iPhone 11 Pro still connects to 2.4Ghz...No way to let me connect my phone to 5G channel even I put my iPhone right next to the Orbi Router or the satellite. 

Message 1 of 6
Dd852
Luminary

Re: RBK853 3.2.16.6 firmware delete wifi password

I had similar issues. I’ve reported to support but no reply yet. I solved by resetting router and satellites to factory, downgrading to 3.2.15.32 All fine now. It is possible that the factory reset was the trick and I could upgrade again but I have not dared to try - no reason to as the earlier firmware works well for me
Message 2 of 6
darkinners
Tutor

Hey man, I did couple of  factory reset via GUI and it does not help but I tried to power down all my satellites and connect only the router and use a paper clip to do a factory reset via the hardware button. Then setup all over again and add the satellites one by one (both of them did a factory reset via hardware button as well)

It's working (for now) but I cannot change any settings now, if I change anything, it loopback to the initial issue I had and I have to do above steps all over again in order to solve it...

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What browser are you using? Try Edge, IE11 or Opera. Ive not had any problems with v6 FW. 

Please post about this over in the Orbi AX forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you. 

@darkinners wrote:

Hey man, I did couple of  factory reset via GUI and it does not help but I tried to power down all my satellites and connect only the router and use a paper clip to do a factory reset via the hardware button. Then setup all over again and add the satellites one by one (both of them did a factory reset via hardware button as well)

It's working (for now) but I cannot change any settings now, if I change anything, it loopback to the initial issue I had and I have to do above steps all over again in order to solve it...

Message 4 of 6
darkinners
Tutor

Thanks for the heads up, I will post over there. 

I tried Chrome(PC/MAC), Edge(PC), Safari(Mac)

result is all the same, I even cleared browser cookie, cache and disable all extensions including adblock to try. 

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7