Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR750 regular reboot or not?

claudiut
Apprentice

RBR750 regular reboot or not?

Hello,

I have a RBK753 system (RBR750 router and 2 x RBS750 satellites) and it's been pretty stable for the last while after a long period of issues with bad firmware (v4.6.5.14) I'm currently running v4.6.9.11 and it's been up and w/o issues for more than 48 days. I was wondering if anyone is doing a regular reboot of their system (router/satellites) and if doing a regular reboot improves the system' stability. Also, I don't see an option for a scheduled reboot in the web management UI, so I guess it needs to be done manually, right?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR750 regular reboot or not?

Regular reboots should not be needed. If there needed then something needs to be checked. Routers should not need any reboots for normal operation.

I've had my 7 series online for going on a week now on FW v.3 and is working just fine. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

There is no user option to schedule reboots. My WiFi router has been up for as much as six months at a time, only restarting when Edison treated us to an eight hour power outage that was too long for the UPS to remain alive.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Regular reboots should not be needed. If there needed then something needs to be checked. Routers should not need any reboots for normal operation.

I've had my 7 series online for going on a week now on FW v.3 and is working just fine. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7