Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Replace Model RBK 50 AC 3000 with Orbi WiFi 6??

ronfriedman
Aspirant

Replace Model RBK 50 AC 3000 with Orbi WiFi 6??

I have had an Orbi RBK 50 system with one satellite installed in a 3000 sq ft home for approximately 3 years.  Am generally happy with it.  It is WiFi 5.  MY ISP is Comcast and I recently upgraded my modem from a leased Xfinity Gateway (combination modem and router which was placed in bridged mode) to a NG CM1100 which I installed yesterday without any issues.  Speed is generally 175-208 mbps

I am considering upgrading to an Orbi WiFi 6 product such as the RBK735S with two routers instead of one.  Costco is currently offering this product for a good price

I wonder if this makes sense?    Can anyone advise as to the reasons to upgrade from WiFi 5 to WiFi 6?  If so, which Orbi product is thought to be best?

Many thanks for your thoughts.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Replace Model RBK 50 AC 3000 with Orbi WiFi 6??

If your current Orbi system is working well and your getting to spec speeds, I would keep what you have. Unless you can take full advantage of wifi 6 and AX mode, then might hold off. AX is recommended for 1Gb ISP speeds. 

You could try the Orbi AX and see how it works for you. If not, then you could return it. 

Message 2 of 4
ronfriedman
Aspirant

Thank you!

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7