Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Using Orbi wifi 6 AX4200 with the new T-Mobile Home Interne gateway chimney

Rivendell
Follower

Using Orbi wifi 6 AX4200 with the new T-Mobile Home Interne gateway chimney

I am trying to connect my ORBI AX4200 to the new T-Moble Home Internet Gateway 5G chimney.  I have tried changing the ORBI to an access point only but it keeps rebooting itself several times a day and if you are familiar with the ORBI, the reboot process takes about ten minutes and during this time I have no internet access.  I was hoping there were some other settings I need to use to make this work and that there was someone else that has done it successfully and could advise plesae.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Using Orbi wifi 6 AX4200 with the new T-Mobile Home Interne gateway chimney

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Should not take 10 minutes for the system to reboot. If it is, there maybe a problem with the Orbi system and needs to be replaced. 

Check the LAN cable in between the modem and RBR. CAT6 is recommended. 

Be sure to use the Yellow LAN port for either router or AP mode to the ISP modem. 

1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7