Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

2.4 GHz and RBR50 Orbi-suggestions not working

RV078
Aspirant

2.4 GHz and RBR50 Orbi-suggestions not working

Hello
I have an ORBI mesh network RBR50 with 2 satellites. I’m trying to get the Govee app working but it currently won’t recognize/connect to my wifi. I have tried all the suggestions on this forum: deactivate the SSID broadcast for the 5ghz in advanced settings, forgetting networks, rebooting everything, changing power level etc,

Any other suggestions out there that may be of help?

Thanks so much in advance
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
johig
Aspirant

Re: 2.4 GHz and RBR50 Orbi-suggestions not working

I was in the same situation. I was trying to attach a Govee smart bulb (H6008) to my Orbi mesh (RBR50). I turned off the 5 GHz SSID broadcast and turned the power down to 25% (i.e., minimum). I changed the channel for the 2.4 GHz network (from auto). I "forgot" and then rejoined the network from my iPhone. Nothing helped. I waited several hours (with the new Orbi RBR50 settings) and it still did not work.

Then I set up a Govee account on my phone and tried again and it worked immediately.

I have no idea if it was a coincidence or if it changed something behind the scenes (the app did not report any changes or firmware updates), but the success was so immediate that I thought I should share. Hopefully, this helps someone else. 

Also, I am running Router Firmware Version V2.7.4.24

I will try to attach some screenshots of the router settings that worked for me. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Running Govee app on Apple or Android?

I have Govee installed on a Sony Xperia Compact (Android) with several thermostats connected. They are all Bluetooth (cost less) and work fine.

What specific Govee product are you attempting to add?

Message 2 of 6
RV078
Aspirant

Thank you.
Apple iOS 16.1.1, iPhone 14 pro
I am attempting to add some Govee lights, model H6008. While installing the device in the Govee app, it works fine via blue tooth, but the wifi connection cannot be established.
Message 3 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Amazon says they will be here tomorrow before 10pm.  The reviews are 92% positive, so it will be interesting to see how the WiFi setup goes. (I can only do it on Android.)

Message 4 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

What a puzzle.  My two-pack of Govee H6008 LED bulbs arrived.

Opened the Govee Home app on Android smart phone connected to the Orbi WiFi at 5G (not 2.4G)

Logged into Govee account.

Selected "+" to add new device.

Searched for H6008. Found light bulb.

App said to turn on Bluetooth (which was already on).

App asked for WiFi credentials

App says 'connected'

Govee Home turns bulb on/off. changes color.  changes brightness.

Then.... Turn off WiFi on phone. Turn off Bluetooth on phone.  Govee Home app still controls bulb.  Not connected to bulb with Bluetooth or WiFi.  The bulb must be connected to the Orbi WiFi and is being controlled through the Govee "Cloud" connection.

If this is not working on an iPhone...... I got no idea.  Works fine on Android.

Message 5 of 6
johig
Aspirant

I was in the same situation. I was trying to attach a Govee smart bulb (H6008) to my Orbi mesh (RBR50). I turned off the 5 GHz SSID broadcast and turned the power down to 25% (i.e., minimum). I changed the channel for the 2.4 GHz network (from auto). I "forgot" and then rejoined the network from my iPhone. Nothing helped. I waited several hours (with the new Orbi RBR50 settings) and it still did not work.

Then I set up a Govee account on my phone and tried again and it worked immediately.

I have no idea if it was a coincidence or if it changed something behind the scenes (the app did not report any changes or firmware updates), but the success was so immediate that I thought I should share. Hopefully, this helps someone else. 

Also, I am running Router Firmware Version V2.7.4.24

I will try to attach some screenshots of the router settings that worked for me. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7