Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

BBC iPlayer not working with Orbi RBK50 + DM200

cyberguts
Aspirant

BBC iPlayer not working with Orbi RBK50 + DM200

Recently purchased a new DM200 Modem and Orbi RBK50 to replace my D7000 setup.

I've set up the DM200 into Modem Mode with latest FW installed, Orbi in Router mode and have latest beta FW installed on all Orbi devices (v2.3.5.34).

Setup has gone smoothly, that is until my Mrs' couldn't access BBC iPlayer through our Humax YouView box. All other Players are working (ITV, ALL4 etc etc), but this won't load at all, and she's twitching to catchup on Eastenders.....

I've looked at other threads where they said they've had issues, tried IGMP Proxy.

Then, seen an old thread with this response

"I was advised by Orbi that it had detected an IP conflict and automatically updated the address which fixed the issue!"

How does Orbi detect the IP conflict?

Model: DM200|Broadband High-Speed DSL Modem, RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: BBC iPlayer not working with Orbi RBK50 + DM200

Are you sure the DM modem is in modem mode only? The orbi detects if the front upstream modem or router is using 192.168.1.1, if so, the Orbi changes itself to something different, i.e. 10.something. 

Might try the DM modem in router mode and configure the Orbi for AP mode and see if this changed behavior...

@cyberguts wrote:

Recently purchased a new DM200 Modem and Orbi RBK50 to replace my D7000 setup.

I've set up the DM200 into Modem Mode with latest FW installed, Orbi in Router mode and have latest beta FW installed on all Orbi devices (v2.3.5.34).

Setup has gone smoothly, that is until my Mrs' couldn't access BBC iPlayer through our Humax YouView box. All other Players are working (ITV, ALL4 etc etc), but this won't load at all, and she's twitching to catchup on Eastenders.....

I've looked at other threads where they said they've had issues, tried IGMP Proxy.

Then, seen an old thread with this response

"I was advised by Orbi that it had detected an IP conflict and automatically updated the address which fixed the issue!"

How does Orbi detect the IP conflict?

Message 2 of 6
cyberguts
Aspirant

Yes, DM200 is in Modem Only mode

Orbi Router is running as 192.168.1.1

Youview Box is detecting Orbi Router as 192.168.1.1, and I've assigned a static IP to the YouView Box.

Like I said, everything works perfectly fine; and obviously ran Orbi as Router as to me DM200 as M+R seemed pointless when all the features of Orbi are newer and better.

What draw backs would I have if I enabled DM200 as M+R and Orbi as AP? Just to fix this issue?

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Might try the DM modem in router mode and configure the Orbi for AP mode and see if this changes behavior...

Whats this YouView box? Static assigned IP address meaning reserved IP address ON the Orbi router for this device? 

If the DM modem is in modem mode, then the IP address see on the WAN side of trhe RBR should be something like ##.##.###.### and not anythink like 192 or 10. 

Message 4 of 6

@cyberguts wrote:

What happens when she tries? It is hard to diagnose "couldn't access BBC iPlayer".

Can you get at iPlayer in a browser? I can.

The symptoms you describe sound more like an issue outside the local network. In any case in modem only mode the DM200 isn't involved in finding websites.

As you have rep[laced a D7000, wise move, you need to eliminate the misbegotten past of the devices on your network. They have to forget all the stuff they learnt from working together.

Did you get the RBK50 and DM200 at the same time? If so, that shouldn't be the problem, but I'd reset the Humax YouView box and set that up afresh.

Don't forget, the new network will have different wifi credentials, if that is how the Humax box connects.

I don't want to scare you, but I just had to replace a Samung BluRay player because the tosspots at the BBC, who have never been known to apologise for their mistakes or to admit that their technology has screwed users, decided to make it redundant. I had to buy a new BluRay player. (I don't own a TV, just a TV licence.)

Message 5 of 6
Talk2Mike
Apprentice

Did you set the VLAN to 101?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements