Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CBR40 - xfinity internet speed

HCC202
Star

CBR40 - xfinity internet speed

I am using a CBR40 with Xfinity. I have 600 mbps and when I test my speed on the app I usually get around 190 - 210 mbps which doesn’t make sense to me. They recently upgraded my speed to 800mbps and I still get the same speed test. It there an issue with the CBR40 or something else.
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CBR40 - xfinity internet speed

Are you speed testing with a wired or wireless device? Wired is preferred. 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Message 2 of 6
HCC202
Star

The is a router/modem unit that I have no control over the firmware as it is controlled by xfinity. I am testing wirelessl. My son-in-law had my old unit and when he upgraded his speed and tested wirelessly he saw a speed that almost matched what he was suppose to get.
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What are speeds seen over a wired connection? 

Depending on device support and design, the most you could see on 5Ghz AC mode and around 500Mpbs tops. Generally 200-400 average and if your connected to the CBR and at close range, say 6-10feet. Speeds will drop as you get farther away. Nature of the best. 

Im seeing around 300-400 while connected to my RBS20 thats wirelessly connected to my CBR40. Thats pretty good for this system. 

What Firmware version is currently loaded? You can find this on the CBRs web page. The router portion of the modem can be controlled and updated by users. 

Message 4 of 6
HCC202
Star

Router v2.5.0.28_1.0.8
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. Thank you. 

Check wired speeds first. Those should be near to ISP spec if you have a good PC with a 1Gb ethernet adapter. 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

One User Experience/Configuration:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

Do you have any Armor, Circle, parental controls or traffic meter enabled? 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7