Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can you hardwire an Orbi Sattelite?

lostboarder
Aspirant

Can you hardwire an Orbi Sattelite?

help

can anyone advise? i want to hardwire router downstairs to satellite upstairs, as soon as i connect cat 5e it kicks me out of the internet.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
tucsontico
Virtuoso

What firmware version are you running? Anything below 2.1.2.xx does not support wired backhaul. To get a wired backhaul both satellite and router must be on firmware 2.1.2.16 or higher. However, Netgear has said that 2.1.2.xx has been pulled due to problems and suggests using 2.0.1.4. Unfortunately, version 2.0.1.x does not support wired backhaul.

Message 2 of 4
lostboarder
Aspirant

Thanks for the advise. I newly installed the Orbi's on Saurday morning and they automatically updated to 2.2 firmware and I couldnt hardwire the satellite. I was defeated, so iI rang the free support telephone number. I was guided through the steps of installing Router Firmware Version V2.1.2.18. this previous version has done the trick..

Thanks again.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 3 of 4
JoeM845
Luminary

@lostboarderwrote:

...  automatically updated to 2.2 firmware ....

Firmware 2.2.x.x? I thought the highest released version was 2.1.2.18 with the public version being downgraded to 2.0.1.4.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7