Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How To Set Orbi WiFi Router To Never Change Internal IP Addresses Of Devices (For Portforwarding)

How To Set Orbi WiFi Router To Never Change Internal IP Addresses Of Devices (For Portforwarding)

Hello,

So, on my Netgear Orbi Wifi Router, I have port forwarding configured for one of the devices on my network. However, the newest spot of bother I am having with this is that occasionally, after a reset or something of the sorts, the router will assign the devices on my network a new internal ip address which disrupts the port forwarding of my device and I have to go into the router settings and reconfigure the port forwarding rule to the new ip (or device name) address the router has given my device. I am wondering, is there a way to configure the orbi router to always assign the same ip address to this device?

Thank you.

Model: RBS40| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi (Add-on Satellite)
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: How To Set Orbi WiFi Router To Never Change Internal IP Addresses Of Devices (For Portforwarding

Set an IP address reservation ON the router for the devices. This will keep same IP address for each device. 

Found under Advanced tab/Setup/LanSetup/Add button.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: How To Set Orbi WiFi Router To Never Change Internal IP Addresses Of Devices (For Portforwarding

Set an IP address reservation ON the router for the devices. This will keep same IP address for each device. 

Found under Advanced tab/Setup/LanSetup/Add button.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7