Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to disable WPS on Orbi?

ghgal
Follower

How to disable WPS on Orbi?

Does anyone know of a way to disable WPS on the Orbi?  The following KB article doesn't seem to apply with the Orbi and I don't see any cofinguration options on the orbi setup page to disable this function.  Wi-Fi Protected Setup shows "configured" and I don't see any way to disable this setting.   The below article shows that Netgear realizes the risk of having WPS left on the router and provides a way to disable this on lower end routers.  I would think that there would be a way to disable WPS on their high end routers too.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19824/~/how-do-netgear-home-routers-defend-wifi-protec...

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 2

Re: How to disable WPS on Orbi?

@ghgal wrote:

Does anyone know of a way to disable WPS on the Orbi?  The following KB article doesn't seem to apply with the Orbi and I don't see any cofinguration options on the orbi setup page to disable this function.  Wi-Fi Protected Setup shows "configured" and I don't see any way to disable this setting.   The below article shows that Netgear realizes the risk of having WPS left on the router and provides a way to disable this on lower end routers.  I would think that there would be a way to disable WPS on their high end routers too.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19824/~/how-do-netgear-home-routers-defend-wifi-protec...

hi

the way the orbi uses wps ( push nutton ) does not fall under the related issue  , the issue at hand is when wps is done by pin code and is permently on all the time and this is where the security flaw and issue come in play

push button and initial connection wps cant be disabled as this is how the devices connect , it is however not a concern as orbi does not use the pin method of wps

hope that clears it up

pete

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7