Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Issue keeping a ps4 connection

fsa317
Aspirant

Issue keeping a ps4 connection

My setup:

I have my RBR40 router hardwired connected in AP mode to my Verizon Fios Router (with gigabit speed).  This RBR40is in a back room in my basement.  I also have an RBS20 on my second floor that is also hardwired (to the RBR40) via a hardwire run I have.  There is one other sattelite RBW30, on my main floor.  In general wifi seems pretty good in most places, however in my son's room his PS4 doesn't keep a stable connection - even when it does work the speeds stink (around 10mbs).  The PS4 is located about 20 feet from the RBS20 router, but sometimes seems to connect to the RBR40 in the basement.  Even when it does connect to the RBR40 the signal strength doesn't look very strong.

Settings Off:

Enable 20/40 MHz Coexistence

Enable Daisy Chain

Enable fast roaming

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Issue keeping a ps4 connection

Its not recommended to put wfi if routers in the basement. Concrete and steel will inhibit good wifi signal travel and coverage. 

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

One User Experience/Configuration:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

Message 2 of 3
fsa317
Aspirant

Re: Issue keeping a ps4 connection

The RBR being inthe basement is the reason the RBS is also hardwired.  They are probably about 50 feet apart from each other.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7