Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Issues with blocked websites

f00bz
Aspirant

Issues with blocked websites

I’ve been having issues where my orbi has been blocking websites via social media links and also updates and installations from my Xbox. Any help how I resolve this?
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Issues with blocked websites

@f00bz wrote:
I’ve been having issues where my orbi has been blocking websites via social media links and also updates and installations from my Xbox. Any help how I resolve this?

Orbi in itself does not block website.

Do you have Armour activated?  Ant-virius softrware?

Message 2 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

@f00bz wrote:

Message 3 of 9
f00bz
Aspirant

I’m really bad with technology stuff. Firmware is V2.5.1.8. My Orbi is a RBR50 that is run by Verizon FiOs my Downlod is 941. Upload 868.

I tried installing my ring system via the Orbi and I was not getting any notifications. As soon as I switched to my Verizon wireless it worked. Same with the Xbox updates for apps like Disney+
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too? Sounds like a built in router and wifi here. This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop  

I recommend trying option #3...

@f00bz wrote:
I’m really bad with technology stuff. Firmware is V2.5.1.8. My Orbi is a RBR50 that is run by Verizon FiOs my Downlod is 941. Upload 868.

I tried installing my ring system via the Orbi and I was not getting any notifications. As soon as I switched to my Verizon wireless it worked. Same with the Xbox updates for apps like Disney+

Message 5 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@f00bz wrote:

get rid of V2.5.1.8. 

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@f00bz wrote:

Message 7 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

get rid of V2.5.1.8. 

Message 8 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors