Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

MS60

dpruden
Follower

MS60

WILL COLD CLIMATE HURT MY UNIT? eg. putting 1 sattelite unit in a unheated garage? 

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: MS60

@dpruden wrote:

WILL COLD CLIMATE HURT MY UNIT? eg. putting 1 sattelite unit in a unheated garage? 

Each product has an environmental range. The RBS50 Orbi satellite, has an operating temperature range of 0C to 40C. (32F to 104F).

Too hot obviously has a serious effect on electronics.  I am not so certain what the effect of "too cold" is.  I believe there have been posts in the past about Orbi satellites "getting too cold".

I put the cat's bed in the garage inside a Home Depot cardboard box with a heating pad on the bottom.  (Damn cat refused to sleep in the toasty warm house.) Cat needed one side open to get in and out.  Orbi satellite would not need that.

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: MS60

I've got a RBS50Y in an unheated garage. its at least insulated though. Rarely drops below freezing even though I live in minnesota. It has dropped below freezing though and still worked. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7