Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Circle setup loops in app

ACC91009
Tutor

Orbi Circle setup loops in app

Im using IOS 11.2.2.  I´ve been using my ORBI for 6 months flawlessly.  Today I installed Circle, but I cannot set i up.
The setup loops in the Circle app in the the "Your router is compatible"..."Do you want to enable Circle on your Netgear router?" screen.
If one clicks yes, it just loops and keeps on showing the same screen over an over endless loop.  

Acoording to the doc, is supposed to start the setup of circle, but does not happen.

Has anyone seen this??
Thanks.

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
ACC91009
Tutor

Re: Orbi Circle setup loops in app

Not really.  Just using the APP.  However, after a couple days or looping, I tried again and suddenly, it worked. I have no clue what it was.  I noticed a circle app update in my iphone the day before, probably that was it.  dont know.  I´ll close this now.

Tks

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 11

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you tried to setup circle over the web login for orbi? 

DarrenM

Message 2 of 11
ACC91009
Tutor

Not really.  Just using the APP.  However, after a couple days or looping, I tried again and suddenly, it worked. I have no clue what it was.  I noticed a circle app update in my iphone the day before, probably that was it.  dont know.  I´ll close this now.

Tks

Message 3 of 11
Ethor2000
Initiate

Having the same issue. Update iOS. Rebooted the router. Still stuck in loop.
Message 4 of 11
Soke577
Initiate

I have the same issue. Update iOS. Rebooted the router. Continue the eternal loop setup. I need help
Only work in Android devices.
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 5 of 11
ACC91009
Tutor

I had to factory reset my router.  Tried to install Circle, and Im here AGAIN in the ethernal setup loop.  Still cant find the answer to this problem. I disabled circle using the web access, and then try to do everythin again from the Circle App.  But it fails with a message "oh something sent wrong, try again".  And thats it.  Cannot setup circle

Message 6 of 11
litgear
Guide

I think I had the same issues on Android with everything up to date. I think I disabled circle in the router, rebooted, reenabled it probably tried it then and probably rebooted the router one more time. It was finicky to set up the first time but I've used it a few months now with no major issue since.
Message 7 of 11
ichsu
Aspirant

I have the same problem.  I tried the app, I got the loop.  I don't see the enable button when I tried the web approach.

Message 8 of 11
ACC91009
Tutor

The only solution I could found was to Install the circle app in an Android device.
Message 9 of 11
ichsu
Aspirant

I read another thread on Circle.  The post stated that version 2.0x doesn't work with Circle.  There was a firmware update 2.1x that works with Circle.   However it was taken down due to reported problem.  Some people still manually update to 2.1x and report that it works.  I think I will wait for the update.

Message 10 of 11
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

You can download the latest version of the firmware at the link below this has circle in it and many wireless improvements.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-MR-2-1-Update-3-23-18/td-p/1533584

DarrenM

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7