Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RB20 Not showing all attached devices

CAG61
Tutor

Orbi RB20 Not showing all attached devices

I have noticed that my Attached device list fails to show all devices.

How do I know, checked my Samsung S8.  Connected with IP address, checked the Orbi... no device on that IP address or on any address with that name.  I turned the S8 wifi off/on, same result.

This is a HUGE FAILURE of security.  I can't trust this thing.   

Router Firmware Version
V2.3.5.26

Message 1 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Orbi RB20 Not showing all attached devices

Where are you seeing this...Attached device list...?

On the App?

Message 2 of 9
CAG61
Tutor

on the webpage for the device.  I don't use the app.

Message 3 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@CAG61 wrote:

on the webpage for the device.  I don't use the app.

OK...like with most problems of this nature....has the webpage device listing ever looked good for you?  How long have you had your Orbi system?  Any changes?

Hardware, FW, device, etc?

Message 4 of 9
CAG61
Tutor

Yes, the device page has looked correct.

I had to do a factory reset to correct 2.4 turning off.  it works now, but only with Auto and not specific channel.

I haven't checked every device but the number is close to what I normally see.

Message 5 of 9
CAG61
Tutor

I have had this about 2 years.  I purchased it after ASUS bricked my router.  Another story.

Message 6 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@CAG61 wrote:

Yes, the device page has looked correct.

I had to do a factory reset to correct 2.4 turning off.  it works now, but only with Auto and not specific channel.

I haven't checked every device but the number is close to what I normally see.

Nice....for me personally, I hardly ever look at the device listing on the webpage.  If the device works, we're good.  I hope you find where you need to be.

Message 7 of 9
CAG61
Tutor

I check from time to time to make sure someone hasn't figured out my wifi password or otherwise hacked the system.  these systems lack alot of security informaiton we have at work.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 8 of 9
theoak
Luminary

You could try firmware 2.3.5.30.

For what it is worth, it is not been 100% perfect for me. I see all my devices, but 1: my garage door.  My router sees it, assigns it an IP, and I get alerts when the door opens and closes as normal.  For what ever reason however, it does not show up on the Orbi device list.  When I had 2.5.1.8 I had the same issue with the garage door.  It is obviously connecting because it is listed as connected via my router, and I get the alerts via the garage door opener app.

My garage door does have a dB reading of -42 in its iOS app.  My satellite is sitting in the bonus room right above it.  My router at that range, according to my laptop reads in the -60 range.  Hence, it has to be connecting the satellite right above it.

This probably is not much of a comfort.

For me, I static IP all my devices and then I use DHCP for a really high range for "anything else".  So I static IP all my devices from 192.168.X.1 to 192.168.X.170.  I then set a DHCP range of 171 to 254. Hence, if something gets assigned 192.168.X.180 (for example) via my router (not an Orbi), I know to investigate.  Just an idea ... 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7