Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR40 Blocking Duo Mobile Authentication

roarty58
Guide

Orbi RBR40 Blocking Duo Mobile Authentication

I have the Orbi RBR40 router (sorry the recommended model box didn't offer this as a choice) running Router Firmware Version
V2.5.1.22 (latest version I can find).  My work uses Duo Mobile for authentication when logging into company resources.  My Duo Mobile app runs on my iPhone 8 running the latest iOS (14.3).

On occasion I receive an error message when trying to authenticate on my iPhone app (iPhone is using the Orbi router for connection), "Account Error.  Something unexpected happened.  Please contact your helpdesk.  NSURLErrorDomain -999"

If I disable WiFi on the iPhone and use my cellular connection I am able to authenticate on Duo Mobile. 

I also seem to have occasional issues accessing Apple resources (e.g., checking to see if there is an iOS update) when connected to the Orbi WiFi, but it works fine if I switch to cellular. 

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot what is happening? 

Thank you for any ideas or solutions.

Mike

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR40 Blocking Duo Mobile Authentication

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Do you have Armor or Circle enbabled? 

I would contact the mfr of this Duo app as well to see if they have any information. Orbi doesn't block much from the LAN side unless you have a security app running like Armor or Circle which may block. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7