Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50/RBS50 no route to host

mzakes
Aspirant

Orbi RBR50/RBS50 no route to host

Model version - RBR50/RBS50
Firmware version 2.7.3.22

I have an issue with my Satellite RBS50. After few hours my network devices connected to the satellite start to report "no internet" or "no route to host". This applies to devices connected wireless or through the wire to the satellite. I can access those devices over local IP address but I can't reach them using public IP address with proper set port forwarding at that moment of time. I have a fix IP address. The backhaul status looks "Good" (5GHz). If I reboot any of those devices then my Satellite seems to realise that something is wrong as it changes colour to magenta and after few minutes everything is back to normal. However, as this happens each few hours its not a sustainable solution to reboot some network device each time.I did a factory reset of the satellite but I am not sure if it really cleaned all the configuration as the problem persists. Any idea how to debug this or what can be the reason behind? 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50/RBS50 no route to host

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last  FW update?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Traffic Meter.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

Message 2 of 3
mzakes
Aspirant

Re: Orbi RBR50/RBS50 no route to host

Hi,

the ng router is connect to ZTE H288A. It has double NAT, i tried some time ago to configure PPPoE with vlan id but that was unsuccessful so if needed I do port forwarding.

I have a two story house and 30ft was too much. My NGs could not reach each other in a 6m (20ft) distance if they were placed on two different floors. The distance that I have currently is 4m and they still jump from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz backhaul on occasion. 

w.r.t. factory reset - I did that on satellite and reconfigured internet from scratch (without factory reset of NG router) few days back. The problem still persists

Armor, Circle, Traffic Meter were and are disabled. 

The setup is very similar to the one from the link shared. I just did not disable the logs from point 7 and have dynamic (not static) channel setup. I will try to adjust that

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7