Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi and Nighthawk MR1100

DLR15
Follower

Orbi and Nighthawk MR1100

In the mountain area that I have recently moved to, I can NOT receive internet service through a cable or internet provider.  I have to increase our data plan with AT&T mobile service and use basically a “hotspot” for service in the house for PCs and smart TVs etc.    

The device that I use is Netgear Nighthawk® LTE Mobile Hotspot Router.  It does have an ethernet port on the device.  I do have a Wi-Fi network, however there is no Wi-Fi router, the network is created through the Nighthawk device.

I have read a lot about “Mesh Networks” and the devices that are used to extend the service.  I have a 3 story house and have “dead spots” throughout the house.

Is the ORBI device, that your company offers, compatible with the Nighthawk mentioned above?

Thanks,

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi and Nighthawk MR1100

It's possible you can try it. IF it has a LAN port on the mobile modem/router, and if you can disable the wifi SSID on that modem, I would set up the Orbi AP mode and use the modem as your main host router. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7