Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR10 System Is Working With Two Satellites has Orange LED

nashville_bill
Aspirant

RBR10 System Is Working With Two Satellites has Orange LED

My Mesh system is working correctly, with good internet connection, but has Orange LED. I've rebooted the RBR10, but the LED flashes White for a long time and then changes to a solid Orange (the satellites LED's are Blue). I'm getting close to 200 Mbps down and when I connect my laptop to the RBR10, it's page says it has no internet connection.

Should I just put some white tape over the LED and ignore this?

Thanks,

Bill

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: RBR10 System Is Working With Two Satellites has Orange LED

Hello @nashville_bill ,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

Please do not be alarmed by the lights on the Orbi. No lights on the Orbi means that it is working as it should. The white lights indicate that your Orbi is powering up. If the amber light does not go away on its own a factory reset may be required. 

Please refer to the following link for more information about your Orbi led lights:

What do the LEDs on my Orbi router and satellite mean? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What modem/gateway do you have it connected to? 

If the internet is working, i'd be betting on you being in a double nat. 

Message 2 of 5
nashville_bill
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply.

I'm using the T-Mobile 5G home internet, which appears to be working as it should..

I woke up this morning and the RBR10 had no LED, but was still working. I just rebooted the system now and it has a solid white LED again.

Bill

Message 3 of 5

@nashville_bill wrote:

I'm using the T-Mobile 5G home internet, which appears to be working as it should..

That tells us a bit about the modem technology, but nothing about the device itself. Only a model number helps.

How are the satellites arranged? Both aiming at the router? Or in a "daisy chain" with one and then the other?

How far apart are they?

Message 4 of 5
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @nashville_bill ,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

Please do not be alarmed by the lights on the Orbi. No lights on the Orbi means that it is working as it should. The white lights indicate that your Orbi is powering up. If the amber light does not go away on its own a factory reset may be required. 

Please refer to the following link for more information about your Orbi led lights:

What do the LEDs on my Orbi router and satellite mean? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7