× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR20 and third satellite

djenkins040
Aspirant

RBR20 and third satellite

RBR20 - Add a third satelitte and all satelittes disconnect after a few minutesm turning magenta. 

Router Version v2.7.3.22 (running patch for network drops)

Satelitte Version v2.6.2.104

Added or attemtped to add a third satelitte to my current configuration. The satelitte will ad fine, you can see it do a config sync and then go live with a good connection. Then after a few minutes the other satelittes and the new one go magenta and will not connect. Have tried rebooting them but it does not work. Only way to get it working is to disconnect the new satelitte and then reboot the Orbi router. 

I do have a fair amount of DHCP reservations for devices on the network. First time this failed I was changing the new satelitte to a reservation the second time it failed was not making any changes to see what the behavior would be. I do notice a oddity on the satelittle is seems the use 192.168.1.250 as an IP and then will switch to either a dhcp offer or reservation. Both times they have all froze the IP in the config is 129.168.1.250 and does not change and all satelittles go to magenta.

Either way the problem can be replicated pretty easily and looking for potential solutions as it seem to be some interaction with the addition of a third satelitte, which is supported. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR20 and third satellite

Message 2 of 6
djenkins040
Aspirant

Code version the same across all the satelittes . When making changes to DHCP reservations, brikes all the sattelittes. Have to do hard rest of the router.

Thoughts,

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you turn OFF the RBS then make DHCP reservations, apply the changes and wait for the RBR to reboot, then turn ON the RBS?

Are you setting up DHCP reservations for the RBS?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last update?

Message 4 of 6
djenkins040
Aspirant

Have not tried to turning off the RBS and then making changes. Understand the reason behind your comment, but overall that "should" not be a standard process for changing configuration, config happens on RBR. 

Not doing reservations on RBS, all config done on RBR. 

Factory reset has not been done. If the issue is coruption then it would be a PIA to redo the configuration. Not impossible, just time consuming for the reservations, which are about 25. 

Thanks

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

This is a troubleshooting step only. We know it's not normal.

A reset and setup from scratch would be a next step as well. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series