Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50 does not see USB-connected Seagate HDD.

jelyma
Initiate

RBR50 does not see USB-connected Seagate HDD.

ORBI RBR50 does not see USB-connected Seagate HDD (4tB). It does show up when direct-connected to PC.

Is there a 2-tB limit and will it work if partitioned?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Hydro130
Luminary

The USB port on the Orbi is not currently enabled, so nothing plugged into it will work.  

The fact that it exists would seem to imply that it will eventually be enabled for use, but I have not heard of any promises or timeline for that.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Hydro130
Luminary

The USB port on the Orbi is not currently enabled, so nothing plugged into it will work.  

The fact that it exists would seem to imply that it will eventually be enabled for use, but I have not heard of any promises or timeline for that.

Message 2 of 4
randye
Star

I'm pretty sure the USB port will have some form of functionality for consumer use. Netgear would want their latest router to work with their line of ReadyNAS products and perhaps 3rd party products. Expect as the firmware matures more and more features will start to be switched on. Guest mode was just added last week and the ability to add additional satellites.  

Message 3 of 4
jelyma
Initiate

Hydro...: Thanks for the heads up.

Surprised to learn the USB port is not enabled, but pleased that NetGear builds in some foresight. Our previous Netgear device had an active USB port, so I never thought to question that feature. Looking forward to getting ReadyShare back up for access to our music library.

It would be helpful to see better on-line documentation explaining the features and functions (or lack thereof) in more detail.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7