Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RSB50Y Orbi outdoor booster keeps dropping out

Harripeters
Aspirant

RSB50Y Orbi outdoor booster keeps dropping out

I’ve installed 6x of the RSB50Y orbi outdoor universal satelite units around the house. I have gone through the setup process and had it all working with the blue light staying on to indicate good connection. The units now disconnect themselves from the wifi and do not work. The light is solid white and when I press the sync button on the back they return to a solid blue light but they will disconnect after about 5 minutes and return to a solid white light. This happens every time. Any ideas what the problem would be here?
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RSB50Y Orbi outdoor booster keeps dropping out

What Firmware is currently loaded?

What model router do you have them connecting too? Orbi? Or something different? 

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Message 2 of 3
Harripeters
Aspirant

Re: RSB50Y Orbi outdoor booster keeps dropping out

-I’m not sure about the firmware. We just used the app to sync them back in March this year. Not sure about any updated firmware?

-it’s currently connected to a Telstra modem router. Just a standard issue one provided by the internet provider. It’s not orbi.

-the first booster is located roughly 10ft from the router and is in the ceiling space. It’s a big open ceiling space about 8ft high. There are also 3x more boosters located in the same ceiling space and they are roughly 80-90ft away from the booster closest to the router.
There isn’t anything in between them it’s pretty much a clear path between boosters just in the ceiling.

-I didn’t even know about channels so I will check that out.

- there are 2 neighbours either side of the home. They both have wifi that can be reached from our place.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7