Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Radically different speed tests on our two phones from wifi (RBS10)

Hoodleehoo
Aspirant

Radically different speed tests on our two phones from wifi (RBS10)

My wife's iphone 13 is getting 300-500 mbs from the wifi no matter what app or speed test we use. My Galaxy A54 is getting 5-40 mbs on the same wifi using the exact same tests. What the heck is going on? I talked to cox and they said there is no issue on their end.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?
Message 1 of 5

Re: Radically different speed tests on our two phones from wifi (RBS10)

@Hoodleehoo wrote:
My wife's iphone 13 is getting 300-500 mbs from the wifi no matter what app or speed test we use. My Galaxy A54 is getting 5-40 mbs on the same wifi using the exact same tests.

When one device works as expected with a router and another one doesn't, the first thing to look at is the dodgy device rather than the router.

What happens when you use different wifi sources?

You say you have an RBS10. That's an Orbi satellite. The Galaxy should connect to the best source on your network, including the router that feeds your satellite. Is it latching on to the wrong satellite?

Message 2 of 5
Hoodleehoo
Aspirant

Similar problem with att air but not nearly as big of a difference. I just used the model number of the satellite because I couldn't find the model number of the router itself.
Message 3 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Does the Orbi app Device Manager or the web interface Attached Devices show both phones connected to the same Orbi unit (router or satellite?)

I believe the A54 "Settings" will display the "Link Rate" of the WiFi connection. What does it show?

Message 4 of 5

@Hoodleehoo wrote:
Similar problem with att air but not nearly as big of a difference.

Not likely to be the router then.

Like Apple, Samsung is also using randomised Mac addresses in newer devices.

I just used the model number of the satellite because I couldn't find the model number of the router itself.

On the bottom. Probably RBR10.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7