Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router Not able to find the ORBI193 network

wlbrocu
Aspirant

Router Not able to find the ORBI193 network

My router stopped connecting yesterday.  I restarted the modem and then the router several times.  The app cycles through the set up process, but when it asks to join the network, it comes back with either "can't find" or "unable to connect" to the network.  Oddly, I am able to connect to the router through the "Anywhere Access" option on the Orbi app and can get Internet.  But, when I try to go back and connect the router through the regular way, it says the "device is offline."  Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Do I have a defective router?  I'm still within warranty for hardware.

Thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
wlbrocu
Aspirant

Re: Router Not able to find the ORBI193 network

I logged onto orbilogin.com and rebooted my router from there.  It worked!  Thanks for your help.   

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Factory reset the RBR and setup the RBR from scratch using a wire connected Pc and a web browser...

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 2 of 5
wlbrocu
Aspirant

Thank you for this suggestion.  I will try it next.  

I had the entire mesh set up working since September 2020.  Yesterday, the router went out and I haven't been able to get it back.  Fortunately, the Anywhere Access on the Orbi app is giving my home Internet as the ISP modem does not have a built in router.  I've tried resetting the router several times, but it hasn't worked.  The only thing I can think of is that the firmware isn't up to date.  I'm trying to access my Orbi account on my pc since the Orbi app just keeps spinning trying to get connection.  

Message 3 of 5
wlbrocu
Aspirant

I logged onto orbilogin.com and rebooted my router from there.  It worked!  Thanks for your help.   

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves tine if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7