Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router management webpage not loading

swankgd
Aspirant

Router management webpage not loading

f/w v. 2.7.4.24

I've had my Orbi RBR50 plus some sattellites for several years, no issues.

Suddenly, I'm unable to navigate the administration web page. The Home page on the Basic tab that comes up when I first log in never loads. It just show "Please wait a moment" with a spinning wheel forever. I can go to the Advanced tab and get something, and maybe one or 2 other pages will load. But very little is working.

If I go to Advanced->Adminsitration->Attached Devices (a page I've used over and over on this device on this network), I get a 400 Bad Request. "This server does not support the operation requested by your client." If I go to Basic->Attached Devices I just get the spinning "Please Wait a Moment"

Message 1 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Router management webpage not loading

The first troubleshooting step is to turn the router off.  wait a couple of minutes. then power it on again.

Clear any browser cache or select a different web browser.

If the problem persists, the next step would be to do a Factory Reset.

https://kb.netgear.com/31486/How-do-I-reset-my-Orbi-system-to-factory-default-settings 

Message 2 of 9
swankgd
Aspirant

Have already power cycled and tried a different browser/different computer. A factory reset....damnit that's a pain

Message 3 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

@swankgd wrote:

Have already power cycled and tried a different browser/different computer. A factory reset....damnit that's a pain

So true.  In my case, I have spent so much time customizing things (DNS servers, friendly names for every device, assigned IPs for nearly every device, DDNS, OpenVPN, etc.) a Factory Reset can take me almost two hours of tedious typing.

Lately, I have been saving copies of the configuration to my computer.  During the configuration after a Factory Reset, I skip all offers to do anything optional until I reach a page that gives a chance to Load a Saved Configuration.  This restores everything that I had set up before. Cuts the time down to about 10 minutes.

So sorry.

Message 4 of 9
swankgd
Aspirant

I do always keep a config backup, so glad to hear that's a successful route. I was afraid that factory resetting then putting my config back on would just put whatever is causing the problem back in place. But I'll at least give that a try first.

Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@swankgd wrote:

I do always keep a config backup, so glad to hear that's a successful route. I was afraid that factory resetting then putting my config back on would just put whatever is causing the problem back in place. But I'll at least give that a try first.

Message 6 of 9
swankgd
Aspirant

Depends on what you mean by progress.

I was waiting until the weekend when I could afford the downtime. But before I could get to it, the router bit the dust. Lost connection, flashing white ring of death. Can't connect to it, can't factory reset it, can't hardwire tftp firmware to it. It just blinks white for a minute, flashes green then red for a fraction of a second each, then back to flashing white. I've tried all the things.

Guess it was time to upgrade to WiFi 6 anyway. So Im now a tp link house because that was the best deal on an available replacement.

I might give reviving the rbr one more shot before giving up, otherwise I'm just selling the rbs's and moving on.
Message 7 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a 30-30-30 reset on the RBR.

Message 8 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

@swankgd wrote:
 that was the best deal on an available replacement.

Many of us will face this decision in the future.  Would you mind sharing what you selected and what factors influenced the decision?

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7