Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Satellite blue light stays on with my RBS50 orbi wifi setup

billyest
Aspirant

Satellite blue light stays on with my RBS50 orbi wifi setup

when I first set-up my orbi wifi, the satellite showed blue, proving a good connection, and then the blue light went off. now, several months later, the blue light is on and won't go off at all. everything is still working and wifi is still good thru-out house, but why is the light back on? not sure, but maybe someone in house (maid?) moved it or unplugged it momentarily, which may have caused light to stay on? would like it off as it is bright at night! thanks!

Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Satellite blue light stays on with my RBS50 orbi wifi setup

Have you tried to unplug it again?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
steveamb
Aspirant

Any feedback on this? I'm having the same issue. All is working fine but the blue light on the satellite is always on.
Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 3 of 4
billyest
Aspirant

hello there...  yes someone did respond to my question, and suggested i simply unplug the satellite for a few minutes and plug it back in...  it works!  i feared i'd have to start all over but somehow it all re-connected to the home base automatically.  the blue light went back on, then off, and has been off since.  good luck!

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7