Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi 352 or 752 for 500Mb download speed

MarkyMark59
Follower

Orbi 352 or 752 for 500Mb download speed

Hi,

I'm in the UK and just about to be connected to Virgin Cable at 500Mb. I want to invest in a Mesh system for my three story house but i'm unsure weather  the RBK 352 (AX1800) will do or should I spend a bit more and go for the RBK 752 (AX4200).

There are up to 5 of us in the house and the WiFi is used for Streaming, Video calling, online gaming and just general browsing.

I'm a bit confused on what would be best for the household and really don't want to make a mistake on my purchase.

Thanks for your time

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi 352 or 752 for 500Mb download speed

I'm a fan of the triband mesh systems versus dual. the dedicated backhaul between router---satellites gives you much faster speeds, lower latency, and tends to be more stable. And with 500mbps speeds, its better to have to much performance versus not enough. 

the only time I really recommend the dual bands, is if its for someone that plans on hardwiring in their satellites. Then its better to go dual as the 3rd band is only for the backhaul. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi 352 or 752 for 500Mb download speed

I'm a fan of the triband mesh systems versus dual. the dedicated backhaul between router---satellites gives you much faster speeds, lower latency, and tends to be more stable. And with 500mbps speeds, its better to have to much performance versus not enough. 

the only time I really recommend the dual bands, is if its for someone that plans on hardwiring in their satellites. Then its better to go dual as the 3rd band is only for the backhaul. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7