Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR750 firmware 4.6.9.11_2.3.5 cannot change admin password via web UI

JoesOtherCat
Aspirant

RBR750 firmware 4.6.9.11_2.3.5 cannot change admin password via web UI

I just discovered on my RBR750 running firmware V4.6.9.11_2.3.5, I cannot change the admin password via the web UI. I can fill in the fields, clicking Apply does nothing.

Also cannot change the password recovery questions with idential symptoms.

I discovered this after updating to the latest iPhone Orbi app, which then failed login, insisted on FaceID including trying "Forgot Password", and a number of items no longer displaying properly (separate thread created for that).

Make sure you've secured all of your login info for your Orbi!

Message 1 of 9
iyang
NETGEAR Expert

Re: RBR750 firmware 4.6.9.11_2.3.5 cannot change admin password via web UI

Hi @JoesOtherCat ,

For "I cannot change the admin password via the web UI" =>

What's browse do you use ?

What's laptop(Window or Mac) do you use ?

Thanks.

Message 2 of 9
JoesOtherCat
Aspirant

Windows 10. Tried using FireFox (latest version) and Chrome (latest version). 

On iPad (iOS 15.7), FireFox (latest version), Safari (latest version).

Filled in old, new, new password and [Apply] button does not change. Clicking on [Apply] it appears to depress but nothing happens.

Same when trying to add/edit a password recovery question, regardless whether any passwords are filled in the old and new fields or left blank.

Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Does MS Edge do the same thing on Windows? 

After FW was updated, did you just reboot and continue or did you perform a factory reset and setup from scratch? 

Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Just tried on mine. I thought it didn't take but gave it a few more seconds then the log in pop up appeared in MS Edge for me. Logged in with the new PW. I then opened Firefox and use that browser to change the PW back to what I had before. Got same response and PW was changed back. Windows 10x64 on a wired connection the RBR. 

Message 5 of 9
JoesOtherCat
Aspirant

Hmm, that’s interesting! 

Answer to your previous post, I launched the firmware update via the iOS Orbi app, just letting it run through its routine. I have never done a factory reset and restore.

I’ll have to try again, with Edge and then again with FireFox. I do have extensions added to FireFox though none I can attribute to causing this issue. And not nearly as many as with Chrome (and of course the extensions are different). 

Thinking about it more deeply, I do have 1Password installed (and running as a browser extension). Although that popped to auto-fill the (old) password, I copy/pasted and typed them in to bypass 1Password, to no effect.

Thanks for much for the feedback! I’ll be sure to update this thread with my findings . . . 

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 7 of 9
iyang
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @JoesOtherCat ,

Can we know what's new password ?

Thanks.

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@JoesOtherCat wrote:

Hmm, that’s interesting! 

Answer to your previous post, I launched the firmware update via the iOS Orbi app, just letting it run through its routine. I have never done a factory reset and restore.

I’ll have to try again, with Edge and then again with FireFox. I do have extensions added to FireFox though none I can attribute to causing this issue. And not nearly as many as with Chrome (and of course the extensions are different). 

Thinking about it more deeply, I do have 1Password installed (and running as a browser extension). Although that popped to auto-fill the (old) password, I copy/pasted and typed them in to bypass 1Password, to no effect.

Thanks for much for the feedback! I’ll be sure to update this thread with my findings . . . 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7