Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Samsung TV unable to connect to wireless network

PW20
Initiate

Samsung TV unable to connect to wireless network

In the last week our Samsung tv has lost the ability to connect to our wireless network. We have a CM1200 cable modem (comcast) an RBR850 touter and 2 RBS850 satellites. We’ve rebooted all devices, troubleshot connectivity with comcast and they since every other device (laptops, ipads, phones) connects fine and has no issues and the tv connects to my phone when a hotspot it seems that the tv is ok. The error we get is:
IP auto setting failed. Ensure that DHCP server is enabled on the wireless network, and then unplug and replug the wireless network. No settings have been changed on our wireless setup.
Firmware on the orbis is v4.6.3.16
Samsung is UN65KS8000
Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Samsung TV unable to connect to wireless network

Try disabling AX mode on the RBR. 

Set CTS to 2347 on the RBR. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Contact the TVs mfr for additional help and support regarding there product since this seems to be the only devices giving problems...

Message 2 of 12
PW20
Initiate

Thanks, that worked short term. Changed settings last night and watched Netflix/ Hulu successfully! This morning back to the same error on the tv though and checked the RBR and those changes are set
Message 3 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Contact the TVs mfr for additional help and support regarding there product since this seems to be the only devices giving problems...

Message 4 of 12
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have the same problem.  2 of the Samsung tv's no longer connect consistently.  They were fine until about 2 weeks ago. Reset orbi 6 wiht app. That worked for short time.  Also did a factory reset of orbi. Again worked briefly, but TV's do not hold wifi.  All other devices in home work ok including an LG tv.  Just the Samsungs and only in the last week.  Had the system for over a month wiht no problems, and then a few days ago had problems.  I wonder if the latest firmware from Net gear (installed 9/17) is part of the problem.  If you find a fix  -- Let me know!  Thanks

Message 5 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Disable AX mode on the RBR and see if the TV connects. Also try setting CTS to 2347. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s). Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

@Retired_Member wrote:

I have the same problem.  2 of the Samsung tv's no longer connect consistently.  They were fine until about 2 weeks ago. Reset orbi 6 wiht app. That worked for short time.  Also did a factory reset of orbi. Again worked briefly, but TV's do not hold wifi.  All other devices in home work ok including an LG tv.  Just the Samsungs and only in the last week.  Had the system for over a month wiht no problems, and then a few days ago had problems.  I wonder if the latest firmware from Net gear (installed 9/17) is part of the problem.  If you find a fix  -- Let me know!  Thanks

Message 6 of 12
Polzy
Aspirant

Having the same problem also with a Samsung TV UA65KS9000W, was working fine on Wifi with Orbi 850S for the last 6 months but in the last 3 weeks it will no longer connect. It is not an issue with the wifi card on the TV as I have been able to successfully connect to a mobile hotspot. All things point back to the Orbi.

Factory Reset Orbi - initially worked, but once TV powered off the next day it stopped working and fails to get an IP address.

Tried static IP - won't connect, and Orbi doesn't show the device

Tried Resetting Smart Hub on the TV - no change

Tried setting up a guest wi-fi on Orbi - no change

Message 7 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Disable AX mode on the RBR and see if the TV connects. Also try setting CTS to 2347. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s). Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

@Polzy wrote:

Having the same problem also with a Samsung TV UA65KS9000W, was working fine on Wifi with Orbi 850S for the last 6 months but in the last 3 weeks it will no longer connect. It is not an issue with the wifi card on the TV as I have been able to successfully connect to a mobile hotspot. All things point back to the Orbi.

Factory Reset Orbi - initially worked, but once TV powered off the next day it stopped working and fails to get an IP address.

Tried static IP - won't connect, and Orbi doesn't show the device

Tried Resetting Smart Hub on the TV - no change

Tried setting up a guest wi-fi on Orbi - no change

Message 8 of 12
yototogblo
Tutor

I had the same issue with my RBK850 and Samsung KS8000. After reading other chats, I found out that the issue is actually with the wifi security option. For some weird reason, using WPA2-PSK [AES] now causes issues with the TV (but not without any other device). Using WPA3 doesn't work either.

However, changing the security option to WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES] fixed the connection issue. Obviously, this is less secure so not ideal. However, seems the TV has issues with how Netgear must have implemented WPA2-PSK [AES] in a recent firmware update.

Message 9 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Ensure the TVs FW is up to date as well. IF it's working with TPIK and not AES, maybe a problem with the TV. 

@yototogblo wrote:

I had the same issue with my RBK850 and Samsung KS8000. After reading other chats, I found out that the issue is actually with the wifi security option. For some weird reason, using WPA2-PSK [AES] now causes issues with the TV (but not without any other device). Using WPA3 doesn't work either.

However, changing the security option to WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES] fixed the connection issue. Obviously, this is less secure so not ideal. However, seems the TV has issues with how Netgear must have implemented WPA2-PSK [AES] in a recent firmware update.

Message 10 of 12
Polzy
Aspirant

I tried the below and it didn't make any difference. I gave up and hardwired the TV instead. 

AX mode on the RBR and see if the TV connects. Also try setting CTS to 2347. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s). Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Thank for letting us know. 

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements