Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CBR750 Losing Connection daily

1R0N
Tutor

CBR750 Losing Connection daily

I'm hoping someone can help me here.  I have an Orbi CBR750 on Suddenlink Internet. I have multiple daily Internet drops and Suddenlink has sent three different techs out.  They can't seem to find any problems, so they are telling me that the problem is my Orbi Cable Modem. Unfortunately, my support is up on this product. I had trouble with it in the last place I lived, but I blamed it on the crappy rural Internet 

Service. Now I am not so sure that was the issue. How could I possibly go about testing this to see if my Orbi actually is the problem. My firmware version is 4.6.3.6, which shows to be the latest when I check for updates. Sometimes when the drop occurs the light on the bottom of the Orbi will be purple, at other times it doesn't come on at all. I have reset the modem to factory twice to no avail. Any help or insight that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I also lose connection to the modem using the iPhone App multiple times a day.  I usually get a message that says "Device is offline (Code: CDIL-API-FAIL)" and the app also sometimes shows no devices connected.

Message 1 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post a copy and paste of the modems connection status page.
Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute then back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the Orbi system been performed since last update?

Message 2 of 11
Triggs21
Star

Mine does the same thing. It is faulty netgear equipment. Not related to isp at all. Disconnected cbr750 and connected old router to the same line. No drop puts what so ever. Netgear when will you support your customers and address this as a known issue. I shouldnt have to talk to a technician 10+ times for a problem multiple people all of the sudden started having... stand by your word and help us....
Message 3 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? Please give feed back to the questions presented.

@1R0N wrote:

I'm hoping someone can help me here.  I have an Orbi CBR750 on Suddenlink Internet. I have multiple daily Internet drops and Suddenlink has sent three different techs out.  They can't seem to find any problems, so they are telling me that the problem is my Orbi Cable Modem. Unfortunately, my support is up on this product. I had trouble with it in the last place I lived, but I blamed it on the crappy rural Internet 

Service. Now I am not so sure that was the issue. How could I possibly go about testing this to see if my Orbi actually is the problem. My firmware version is 4.6.3.6, which shows to be the latest when I check for updates. Sometimes when the drop occurs the light on the bottom of the Orbi will be purple, at other times it doesn't come on at all. I have reset the modem to factory twice to no avail. Any help or insight that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I also lose connection to the modem using the iPhone App multiple times a day.  I usually get a message that says "Device is offline (Code: CDIL-API-FAIL)" and the app also sometimes shows no devices connected.

Message 4 of 11
1R0N
Tutor

The ISP says the signal and line quality are fine up to the modem now.

I talked to Suddenlink support last night and the tech re-provisioned the modem to be sure that it was properly provisioned.

There are no splitters between the modem and ISP service box.

I have tried three different brand new RG6 Coax cables to the modem to no avail.

The modem has been powered off for at least one minute multiple times.

Not sure what the size of the home has to do with it since this is about cable dropping out at the modem not the wireless, but it is 1475 Square feet.

The only satellite in use is aproximately 40 feet from the modem.

The modem is set to Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. I have tried manually setting channels on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, but again, this is about the signal dropping out at the modem, not the wireless. 

We do have neighbors that use WiFi as well, but the signal is negligable, and again, this is about no Internet service, not WiFi dropping out.

I always power the modem off for at least one minute after an update. 

I have attached the modem connection status.

Message 5 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Well I see some Correctables being logged but not many. Usually Zero is preferred here. 

Seems like the power levesl range from 2 to -0.7 which all should be around same range. 

Has the CBR still lost connection since ISP re-checked everything? 

Message 6 of 11
1R0N
Tutor

Yes it has still lost connection several times.

Message 7 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Do you have an RBS installed as well? 

Have you tried a full ON factory reset, power the CBR OFF for 5 minutes, then power back ON and walk thru the setup wizard? 

Possible this unit could be faulty. 

@vkdelta 

Message 8 of 11
1R0N
Tutor

I do have an RBS installed as well. So far there hasn't been any problem between it and the CBR750, just internet drops at the CBR750.

I have tried the factory reset and going through the initial wizard three different times. It hasn't seemed to help at all.

Message 9 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

I would open up a support ticket on this and let NG support know whats going on. IF your still in warranty. I'd ask for an RMA if they can't seem to figure out whats going on with your CBR. 

Message 10 of 11
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Please post the event log and network logs here.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7