Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC3000 RBK50 - iPad Pro WiFi connection issues

scottr0001
Follower

AC3000 RBK50 - iPad Pro WiFi connection issues

Base and satellite is on firmware release 2.1.2.18.

iPad Pro will connect/disconnect without issue. Unfortunately, it won’t properly renew the DHCP lease daily. I will come back the next day and the iPad Pro looks like it is connected but I cannot access any websites. The request times out. To reconnect I have to turn off WiFi wait about 15 seconds and then turn it back on. 

I don’t have this issue with an older iPad or iPhones. I’ve tried factory resetting both the iPad Pro and Orbi. 

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: AC3000 RBK50 - iPad Pro WiFi connection issues

I disabled the following on the Orbi router:

Implicit BEAMFORMING - Boosts WiFi speed, reliablity, & range for all mobile devices
MU-MIMO

IPv6. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
imitchely
Aspirant

I just reverted back to the newly released 2.0 firmware and its been perfect the last 3 hours! I would loose imternet every 20minutez or so.
I called customer service and they walked me through it step by step.
Message 2 of 4
dplan
Aspirant

I have same issue (after a day or so looks to be connected, but is not connected) with iPad Pro 9.7 inch. Don't have the issue with the older iPad Air or newer iPad Pro 10.5 inch. I'm running the same firmware as you 2.1.2.18. I actually have a replacement ORBI router as the previous firmware to this one caused high CPU use on ORBI routers and made my original unit purchased in November 2017 a brick. While I was waiting for my replacement unit to ship, I picked up an inexpensive WAP (different vendor) and used that behind a business class router to run my wifi and it works flawlessly with all my Apple devices. Now that I am outside of 90 days, Netgear sent me an email that I have to pay to speak to them for support. The inexpensive WAP that I purchased coexists fine with the ORBI, so my solution is to keep my iPad Pro 9.7 inch connected to the inexpensive WAP, and use the ORBI as a WAP only for everthing else.

Model: RBK43| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

I disabled the following on the Orbi router:

Implicit BEAMFORMING - Boosts WiFi speed, reliablity, & range for all mobile devices
MU-MIMO

IPv6. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7