Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Adding a Wired AP such as Unifi

ClintoKL
Apprentice

Adding a Wired AP such as Unifi

Does anyone know if it is possible to add a wired in wireless AP, such as Unifi ac pro to the Orbi Router or Satellite?

What I mean is run a lan cable from the Router or Satellite to a Unifi AC Pro and connect devices wirelessly to that using the same SSID?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
DukeSilver
Star

Re: Adding a Wired AP such as Unifi

Yes it is possible to connect another AP to a orbi via eithernet and have the other AP on the same SSID.   

You need to have the AP placed exactly right (not too close to the Orbis)  so they do not overlap coverage areas.  

I assume you want to connect another non-Orbi AP to increase wifi coverage with HW that is cheaper than a satellite?   

You still need the Unifi Controller SW installed to configure and manage the AC-Pro.   You can setup the AC-Pro to broadcast in 5GHz dfs channels to avoid inteference.

Good Luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
DukeSilver
Star

Re: Adding a Wired AP such as Unifi

Yes it is possible to connect another AP to a orbi via eithernet and have the other AP on the same SSID.   

You need to have the AP placed exactly right (not too close to the Orbis)  so they do not overlap coverage areas.  

I assume you want to connect another non-Orbi AP to increase wifi coverage with HW that is cheaper than a satellite?   

You still need the Unifi Controller SW installed to configure and manage the AC-Pro.   You can setup the AC-Pro to broadcast in 5GHz dfs channels to avoid inteference.

Good Luck!

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7