Assign Guest Network to Satellite LAN ports

UP4278
Aspirant

Assign Guest Network to Satellite LAN ports

Hi there,

I am wondering if it is possible to configure the LAN ports on the satellites to connect to Guest Network?

I am hooking up a printer on that port, I would like it to be accessible from the guest network.

Router is RBR20, Satellites are RBS20. 

Thanks

UP

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Sensei

Re: Assign Guest Network to Satellite LAN ports

@UP4278 wrote:

Hi there,

I am wondering if it is possible to configure the LAN ports on the satellites to connect to Guest Network?

I am hooking up a printer on that port, I would like it to be accessible from the guest network.

A printer available only to the Guest network?  Interesting.  How about an inexpensive WiFi Extender, such as a TP-Link N300, available on Amazon for $20.

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Extender-External-Antennas-TL-WA855RE/dp/B0195Y0A42/ref=sxts_sxwds-bi... 

It has one ethernet port that can be used to connect a printer that lacks WiFi. Pair it to the Guest 2.4G network.

I love my Orbi.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
alokeprasad
Mentor

Assigning guest network to the ethernet ports on the router or the satellites is not possible, AFAIK.

Orbi RBK50v2 ver 2.7.2.104
Love my Orbi (with this firmware version).
Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Sensei

@UP4278 wrote:

Hi there,

A printer available only to the Guest network?  Interesting.  How about an inexpensive WiFi Extender, such as a TP-Link N300, available on Amazon for $20.

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Extender-External-Antennas-TL-WA855RE/dp/B0195Y0A42/ref=sxts_sxwds-bi... 

It has one ethernet port that can be used to connect a printer that lacks WiFi. Pair it to the Guest 2.4G network.

I love my Orbi.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
alokeprasad
Mentor

Pair a range extender to the Orbi guest network and use the range extender's ethernet port ... Brilliant!!

Orbi RBK50v2 ver 2.7.2.104
Love my Orbi (with this firmware version).
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements