Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Bridging My Motorola 3347-02 ADSL Modem/Router w/Wi-Fi

daddylogan
Aspirant

Bridging My Motorola 3347-02 ADSL Modem/Router w/Wi-Fi

Just bought an Orbi and Satellite and have a quick question. Do I need to bridge my Motorola 3347-02 ADSL Modem/Router w/Wi-Fi as to turn off the wifi part of it before I hook up my Orbi or does it not matter...meaning once my orbi is hooked up inline that I can just choose the network name I wish to use for my devices? One might think there would be conflicts with two wifi units active as I would imagine better performance would be achieved if I just ditched the wifi of my modem by bridging it?

Thoughts and advice?

Thanks and looking forward to my new world of Orbi!!!!

peace out,

daddylogan

Message 1 of 2

Re: Bridging My Motorola 3347-02 ADSL Modem/Router w/Wi-Fi

@daddylogan wrote:

Do I need to bridge my Motorola 3347-02 ADSL Modem/Router w/Wi-Fi as to turn off the wifi part of it before I hook up my Orbi or does it not matter...meaning once my orbi is hooked up inline that I can just choose the network name I wish to use for my devices? One might think there would be conflicts with two wifi units active as I would imagine better performance would be achieved if I just ditched the wifi of my modem by bridging it?

daddylogan

hi

you have 2 choices that would work best 

option 1 

bridge your adsl modem ( if your country runs pppoe ) and run the orbi as the router and wifi  , what country and ppp protocal do you use 

option2 

leave your adsl modem as it is and run the orbi in AP mode from its gui , your modem controls everything and the orbi just does wifi ( not guest wifi is not available on the orbi in this setup 

option 3

leave the adsl modem as it is and connect the orbi behind it , the orbi will see the ip conflict and set its self to 10.0.0.1 , the issue with this is devices behind the orbi will be dual nat and cause issues with port forwarding and UPnP

pete

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7