Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Brother MFC-9430CDW wifi failure

OrbiPhilip
Luminary

Brother MFC-9430CDW wifi failure

Since the 1.11.0.20 firmware (currently 1.12.0.8) my printer will (if power cycled) connect, stay connected for a few minutes, then fail.  This printer worked fine on my previous router (WRT54G) and on 1.10.x.x.  Any suggestions besides hardwiring the printer?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 6
PapaMike
Star

Re: Brother MFC-9430CDW wifi failure

Check the printer for updated firmware/software. If up to date, run the printer setup again and that most often repairs any disconnection.

Message 2 of 6
PapaMike
Star

Brother also offers a Network Connection Repair Tool. Try it.

Message 3 of 6
OrbiPhilip
Luminary

@PapaMike wrote:

Check the printer for updated firmware/software. If up to date, run the printer setup again and that most often repairs any disconnection.

I think you missed the point.  It was working fine pre-1.11.0.20.  And it works fine on other APs.  But on Orbi w version 1.11.0.20+, it no longer works.

Message 4 of 6
PapaMike
Star

Did you try my suggestions?

Message 5 of 6
OrbiPhilip
Luminary

Yes, as as of this writing it appears to be working better. Drops have been elilminated, but ping times are still ridiculous (avg 24ms, peak 1000ms).

That said, the issue remains that v1.11.1.20 & v1.12.0.8 broke connectivity with a relatively new device.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7