Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can’t connect to Philips Hue Bridge

J2daMFJ
Follower

Can’t connect to Philips Hue Bridge

One day, my Hue app mysteriously stopped working with the spinning “Connecting...” message appearing at the bottom of the screen. Tried a number of troubleshooting steps, but nothing worked.

Before going nukular and wiping everything, I decided to do go into Settings and select “Add Hue Bridge”. I entered my current IP address in the “Manual IP” field and was reconnected a moment later.

I can’t explain why it stopped working or why this approach worked, but I’d recommend trying this voodoo before wiping everything and starting over.
Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only), RBW30| Orbi Wall Plug Satellite
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can’t connect to Philips Hue Bridge

Glad you found this method. Hope it works for others. 

@J2daMFJ wrote:
One day, my Hue app mysteriously stopped working with the spinning “Connecting...” message appearing at the bottom of the screen. Tried a number of troubleshooting steps, but nothing worked.

Before going nukular and wiping everything, I decided to do go into Settings and select “Add Hue Bridge”. I entered my current IP address in the “Manual IP” field and was reconnected a moment later.

I can’t explain why it stopped working or why this approach worked, but I’d recommend trying this voodoo before wiping everything and starting over.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7