Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot Enable Circle, endless loop

powellbc
Aspirant

Cannot Enable Circle, endless loop

I have the issue where enabling Circle on my Orbi System fails, stuck in an endless loop where the iOS app simply tells me the router is compatible. I have seen no answers on this forum or in the knowledge base. How can I get this resolved?

EDIT:

The router is on firmware V2.2.1.210.

I have deleted and re-installed the iOS app multiple times, as well as disabling and re-enabling the Circle functionality on the OrbiLogon.com management page. I hav restarted the Orbi multipl times as well with no luck.

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Cannot Enable Circle, endless loop

Try a factory reset ON the router and setup from scratch using a wired PC and browser. Walk thru the setup wizard and then enable Circle in the routers web page. Save settings and do a full reboot. After the routers back to ready, check the mobile app. Be sure your mobile device is connected to the wifi of the Orbi router. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Try removing the app from the phone, reboot the phone then re-install the app...

What FW version is currently loaded on the router? 

Message 2 of 6
powellbc
Aspirant

I did a poor job of stating what I have already done, my apologies. The router is on firmware V2.2.1.210.

I have deleted and re-installed the iOS app multiple times, as well as disabling and re-enabling the Circle functionality on the OrbiLogon.com management page. I hav restarted the Orbi multipl times as well with no luck.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a factory reset ON the router and setup from scratch using a wired PC and browser. Walk thru the setup wizard and then enable Circle in the routers web page. Save settings and do a full reboot. After the routers back to ready, check the mobile app. Be sure your mobile device is connected to the wifi of the Orbi router. 

Message 4 of 6
powellbc
Aspirant

Resetting the Orbi addressed the issue—thanks for the suggestion. This is not at all an optimal way to resolve it as I had to spend 30 minutes resetting it and setting up the Circle again.

Surely this should be a known issue with a better way to resolve?

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

I know it's not ideal. Something seems to have had the router and Cirle in a bad state. Not sure what else can be done.

I would recommend that after you have set up the system again, do a BACKUP and safe the configuration to file so you have it for safe keeping later. If something happens, just apply the configuration file. Saves time. 

Enjoy, Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7