Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Conflict between Orbi and Bang & Olufsen WISA speakers

glennelliott
Initiate

Conflict between Orbi and Bang & Olufsen WISA speakers

I've had the Orbi RBK50 and RBS40 Satellite system for about 3 weeks now and the wifi quality is excellent and setup was great. However I have one problem.

Since I installed the Orbi, the Subwoofer and rear surrond speakers on my B&O TV system have not worked. They constantly lose their connection and restart. If I switch off the Orbi and it's satellite the problem stops and they work fine - it's definately a conflict between the two.

The B&O wireless speakers use the WISA standard which I *thought* used 5GHz channels 52 to 140 so it should not hit a 5GHz wifi issue. I have tried forcing my Orbi to channel 36 so that it doesnt use 48 which is adjacent to 52 but it makes no difference. Has anyone else seen an issue with conflict with WISA speakers? 

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
st_shaw
Master

Re: Conflict between Orbi and Bang & Olufsen WISA speakers

The Orbi backhaul runs on the higher 5 GHz channels.  Mine is on 149-161 right now.  Maybe the Orbi backhaul is overlapping with the B&O signal.

Message 2 of 4
st_shaw
Master

Try it with the Orib and the B&O speakers as far apart from each other as possible.  Use a long Ethernet cable if you need to.  Even if they are on separate frequencies they could stil interfere if they are too close together.

Message 3 of 4
glennelliott
Initiate

Thanks - you know I wondered that too so I tried running it with the satellite switched off, so with just the primary Orbi router and I had the same problem. So it doesnt seem to be the backhaul network (unless that is somehow still transmitting even when there is no satellite there?). I tried forcing my 5GHz to channels 36, then 40 then 44 and that didn't help either. Finally I tried turning the power down on the 2.5GHz network to 25% which is lowest - that was a long shot but it didnt work either.

I just ordered some long network cables from Amazon and when they come tomorrow I'm going to try moving the primary Orbi away from the TV. I'm hoping that will work as the Orbi has been a revolution in our wifi - we've never had such good wifi throughout our apartment before and I'd hate to have to go find an alternative.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7