Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ecobee 4 Cannot Connect to WiFi

RGT3
Aspirant

Ecobee 4 Cannot Connect to WiFi

My Orbi has been having SEVERE issues lately. One of which is that is sees ecobee as a DOS attack according to the logs. It will not allow my Ecobee 4 to setup on the network.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Ecobee 4 Cannot Connect to WiFi

Try disabling Beamforming, MIMO, Daisy Chain and Fast Roaming if you have any of these features and try to connect the device again.

@RGT3wrote:

My Orbi has been having SEVERE issues lately. One of which is that is sees ecobee as a DOS attack according to the logs. It will not allow my Ecobee 4 to setup on the network.

Message 2 of 4
the-reader
Aspirant

I recently had a similar issue where Orbi showed the Ecobee connected to my satellite, the Ecobee showed it was connected as well just no internet connection. Ecobee also showed the signal strength at 75%, being 15ft away from the satellite that is just slightly down the hall in the office with door open (my setup has worked flawlessly for over 6 months together). When I would power off the satellite and the Ecobee would instantly connect to the main router, showing 95% signal strength despite being further from the Ecobee. I am not sure if the signal strength has anything to do with it but it's something I noted

I spent lots of time (mainly waiting) for Ecobee support to assist but they just kept blaming the router over and over again. I eventually found the setting "Enable Fast Roaming" under Advanced > Advanced Setup > Wireless Settings > check box at bottom of page. That instantly made my Ecobee start working.

For a test to see if this works for you, I would power off the satellite and see if the Ecobee connects to the main router and gets internet. Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 4
Bboy486
Aspirant

Do you know if this affects ring integration? This needed to be turned off for ring to work with orbi
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7