Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware upgrade stuck with 2.1.4.16NA

AlexisG
Aspirant

Firmware upgrade stuck with 2.1.4.16NA

I have an Orbi router with a satellite connected by an Ethernet backhaul. It was on 2.1.4.10.

I pushed the update button within the Orbi iOS app to update the firmware to 2.1.4.16. But instead it updates to 2.1.4.16NA and keeps showing the update button.

What does this mean? Why can’t it update itself fully?
Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Firmware upgrade stuck with 2.1.4.16NA

Have you tried updating the Orbi system with a wired PC connected to the router and use the routers web page to update FW?

Message 2 of 4
AlexisG
Aspirant

No. I will try this.

It's rather disappointing to think that NETGEAR's $300+ router might need this kind of babysitting, when this sort of functionality was 100% reliable on much cheaper routers fifteen years ago.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know how it goes.

I kind of ran into this when setting up my friends system couple of weekends ago. Had old FW installed and could not update to most current. I had to manually install an intermediate version of FW, on the satellite first, then router, then upgrade to 2nd most current version on satellite then router. Then I was able to push v1.6 to both satellite and router from routers FW update web page:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-firmware-update-v2-1-4-16-availability/m-p/1592753/highli...

Besure your upgrading the satellite first...then the router.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7