Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to change 5G channel on Orbi

ah1
Follower
Follower

How to change 5G channel on Orbi

Hi,

I've just installed Orbi RBK50 3 pack on firmware 1.10.1.2 (GREAT wifi pack btw!)

I used Netgear Genie app to find the most optimal channels, as you can see from screenshot it recommends channel 56 and others. 

However, in the settings I only get to choose between 5G channels 36,40,44,48

1. Should I even be looking to change the 5G channel, or will this somehow interfere with how Orbi works?
  2. If the answer to 1 is Yes - how do I access other 5G channels?

Thanks!

Screenshot_20170607-094134.png

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
st_shaw
Master

Re: How to change 5G channel on Orbi

It's a good idea to set the 5G channel to the most optimal choice.  You only get to choose between the four listed though.  The higer channels are not available because the backhaul uses the high channels.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
st_shaw
Master

It's a good idea to set the 5G channel to the most optimal choice.  You only get to choose between the four listed though.  The higer channels are not available because the backhaul uses the high channels.

Message 2 of 3
OrbiMan
Luminary

It doesn't matter as most likely your Orbi is using 80 mhz channel width meaning it is using 36-48. I am pretty sure.

http://twimgs.com/networkcomputing/news/2013/10/graphic-80211-acChannels-all.jpg
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7