Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I would like to force the Remote Management address to be the address of my Xfinity Cable modem addr

finny23j
Aspirant

I would like to force the Remote Management address to be the address of my Xfinity Cable modem addr

I would like to port forward my remote management feature on my cable modem. I currently it is set to 10.0.0.x which is on the cable modem network. I would like to set it so it has the public ip of the cable modem, but the configuration page in the admin tool doesn't allow me to modify the ip address of the management address and port? Can I do this so that I can access my orbi remotely?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: I would like to force the Remote Management address to be the address of my Xfinity Cable modem

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too? Built in router here by chance? If so...

ouple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router.https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

Message 2 of 4
finny23j
Aspirant

Re: I would like to force the Remote Management address to be the address of my Xfinity Cable modem

Great, I will try those options and see if I can get it working. 

Thanks for the help

Message 3 of 4
ekhalil
Master

@finny23j wrote:

I would like to port forward my remote management feature on my cable modem. I currently it is set to 10.0.0.x which is on the cable modem network. I would like to set it so it has the public ip of the cable modem, but the configuration page in the admin tool doesn't allow me to modify the ip address of the management address and port? Can I do this so that I can access my orbi remotely?

If you have an ISP router in front of Orbi then to access Orbi remotely you need to forward (in the ISP router) Orbi's management port to the IP address assigned to Orbi in the ISP router.

Orbi's remote management port can be set in Orbi as follows:

Namnlöst.png

So if the ISP router's management IP is 10.0.0.1 and the address assigned to Orbi in the ISP router is -say- 10.0.0.2 then you need to forward port 8443 (or what ever port you choose in Orbi) from the WAN side of the ISP router to IP address 10.0.0.2, port 8443.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7