Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: IP address for Satellite

Borgling
Follower

IP address for Satellite

I set my Orbi Router to act as an Access Point and gave it a manual IP address. (works without a problem)

Is it possible to set the IP address also for the Satellite? Because at the moment it automaticaly gets one from my Internet Router with DHCP and I didn't find a setting in the menu to configure it.

Thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
abdu232
Star

you can put the satallite orbi in static

i am using orbi as AP mode i go to my router i get Address Reservation and add my RBS50 with IP i want and MAC and restart the device i get the IP what...

View solution in original post

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 4 of 6

All Replies

hi

you cant set a static ip address on the sat as far as i know but you can access whatever router you are using and reserve an ip address for the sat within the dhcp pool so it gets the same address every time

Message 2 of 6
Chaaad614
Star

I reserved addresses for my two satellites in my router dhcp pool and quickly ran into trouble. I allowed the router to auto assign addresses to the sats and then reserved the addresses that were assigned. The next morning I started having problems and realized that I had an address conflict between one of the sats and another device on the network. Somehow the router assigned a different address than the one I had reserved for the sat. Rather than doing any additional investigation, I just took the reservations off and allowed the router to makes its own assignments from the dhcp pool. Everything works fine, but I didn't accomplish my original goal of always having the same addresses for the satellites. I am using an AT&T Arris NVG599 router for what it's worth.
Message 3 of 6
abdu232
Star

you can put the satallite orbi in static

i am using orbi as AP mode i go to my router i get Address Reservation and add my RBS50 with IP i want and MAC and restart the device i get the IP what...

Message 4 of 6
OrbiMan
Luminary

I did the same with ip address reservation with the 2 Sat mac addresses it works well. Does require a reboot of all 3 but works well
Message 5 of 6
abdu232
Star

if it work..no neet restart done like you have static IP for Satellite  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7